Junior Husky News
Upcoming Dates to Remember
- Wednesday, May 15 – 2-hour early dismissal
- Wednesday, May 15 – PTSA General Meeting
- Friday, May 24 – No School – Memorial Day weekend
- Monday, May 27 – No School – Memorial Day weekend
- Thursday, June 6 – Spring Concert at WMS, 7:00 pm (Beg/Int/Jnr/After School)
- Wednesday, June 12 – Spring Concert at GHS, 7:00 pm (All Senior Groups)
- Thursday, June 13 – 8th Grade promotion
- Friday, June 14 – Last Day of School: 1-hour early dismissal
2013 – 2014 WMS Auction
The 2014 WMS auction will be on Saturday, March 8, 2014 at St. Demetrios Hall, Montlake. If you’d like to help, please let Kari Holsberry (email@example.com) know. It’s never too early to be involved!
Did you know you can do your Shopping and help Washington Middle School?
If you have a Target credit card, you can designate WMS as the recipient school for the Target Take Charge of Education account. Target donates 1% of your REDcard purchases at Target to the your designated school. Use the following link to sign up: https://www-secure.target.com/redcard/tcoe/home.
If you like to shop on Amazon.com, you can help WMS by following the Amazon graphic link on the right. A portion of your purchases on Amazon.com will be donated to our school. With the holidays coming up this can be a great way to provide extra funding for programs at WMS.
WMS PTSA News
The WMS PTSA is still recruiting for its 2012-2013 Board! There are vacancies for Co-President and for PTSA membership. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to know more. The next board meeting is on Wednesday, December 12, and we’d be delighted to see you.
Please email email@example.com with any questions about volunteering for the many events and activities that take place at WMS to support our children’s education.
Washington’s website is part of the Fusion system that is going district-wide.
Please go to washingtonms.seattleschools.org to see our new page. We are also posting a Quick Reference Document to the site to help families navigate the new system. If you encounter any glitches, please call the main office. Our goal with Fusion is to better connect our students and families to the school.
This is where you will find all the daily announcements for school.
School Hours: 7:50 AM – 2:20 PM
Registering for Source
The Source is Seattle Public School’s online communication tool.
Parents or guardians may register for The Source at: http://source.seattleschools.org
Please select the Click here to register link and follow the instructions.
To register you will need:
- Your student’s full name
- Your student’s 7 digit Seattle Schools student ID# (found on your student’s enrollment paper work, ASB card, report card, progress report, official school mailing, or you can contact the school)
- School your student attends
- Your home telephone number that the school has on record
- Your student’s date of birth
If you have trouble registering, please send the above information to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll help you.
Note: If you have already registered for The Source, you do not need to register again. Students use their student account to access The Source. Students should speak with school staff if they need assistance.